Choosing your Dyson Airblade™: a checklist
Hand dryers are an essential piece of equipment in a school. Whether in the school canteen, the staffroom or school…
Hand dryers are an essential piece of equipment in a school. Whether in the school canteen, the staffroom or school washrooms they’re sure to see a lot of use!
If your school is thinking about upgrading its hand dryers, you might be unsure where to start or what the best fit is for your needs. This article introduces you to some popular Dyson Airblade™ models to help you when choosing your Dyson Airblade™!
Why choose Dyson Airblades™?
The Dyson Airblade™ delivers on a range of important areas, including:
- Hygiene: The Dyson Airblade™ reduces the transfer of bacteria by 40% when compared to traditional warm-air dryers. It comes with a medical-grade HEPA filter to capture 99.95% of particles (including viruses and bacteria) from your washroom air!
- Drying speed: Kids don’t like waiting to dry their hands! Dyson Airblades™ are an ideal option for schools, with an ultra-fast drying speed of 10-14 seconds.
- Durability: The rough-and-tumble of school life calls for hand dryers that will last the distance. Schools need dryers that are robust enough to withstand tampering or vandalism. Dyson Airblades™ are built to withstand real washroom conditions and high traffic.
- Energy-efficiency and running costs: The energy-efficient Dyson Airblade™ can reduce running costs by around 86% when compared to traditional warm-air dryers. It’s also up to 99% less expensive a year than paper towels!
What to consider when choosing your Dyson Airblade™
As well as the above factors, there are likely to be other considerations when choosing your Dyson Airblade™. Younger kids are more likely to be sensitive to noise, so choosing a quiet model is a good choice for a primary school, for example. Dimensions are also important as you might need your dryer to fit into a relatively limited space.
Let’s take a look at some popular Dyson Airblades™ to see how they measure up:
This model incorporates Dyson’s “hand drying technology in a tap”. It washes and dries hands quickly, with no waste water on the floor, making it one of the most hygienic hand drying solutions around. Its main features include:
- Dry time of 14 seconds
- Noise level of 81dB
- Rated power: 1,000W
- Dimensions: H 159 x L 286 x W 303 mm
2) Dyson™ 9KJ
Dyson describes this model as “the fastest, most energy-efficient HEPA-filtered dryer”. Its key features include:
- Dry time of 10-12 seconds
- Noise level of 77dB in ‘Eco’ mode
- Rated power: 900W (Max), 650W (Eco)
- Dimensions: H 500 x L 100 x W 450 mm
- Dry time of 10 seconds
- Noise level of 84dB
- Rated power: 1,600W
- Dimensions: H 661 x L 247 x W 303 mm
Dyson describes this model as “engineered for hygienic performance” and “designed for compact spaces”. Being only 10cm deep, this model can be fitted in almost any washroom – even those with restricted space! Its main features include:
- Dry time of 12 seconds
- Noise level of 79dB
- Rated power: 1,000W
- Dimensions: H 394 x L 100 x W 234 mm
(All tech specs courtesy of Dyson.)
We hope that this article has given you some useful information to help when choosing your Dyson Airblade™! At Utility Rentals, we offer these fantastic hand dryers via our flexible rental agreements. This means you can start to benefit from super-efficient dryers for your school straight away, with no upfront costs! Your dryers will be professionally installed and your agreement also includes a 5-year parts and labour warranty. So, why wait?
For more help on choosing your Dyson Airblade™, get in touch with our expert team!