How does a Dyson Airblade™ work?
Dyson Airblade™ is a popular brand and well-known in the world of hand dryers. But, do you know how the…
Dyson Airblade™ is a popular brand and well-known in the world of hand dryers. But, do you know how the Dyson Airblade™ works? In this article, we talk you through the Dyson Airblade™, explaining why its technical features make it such an efficient piece of kit for maintaining good hand hygiene.
How does an Airblade™ work?
Unlike traditional dryers, which blow hot air onto hands in a bid to evaporate moisture through heat, the Airblade™ blows room temperature air onto wet hands using powerful air jets. The air first passes through a High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filter – which removes 99.9% of airborne particles and pollutants – before it reaches your hands to dry them. The rapid speed of the airflow from the dryer pushes water off and away from your skin – drying them quicker and more efficiently than standard dryers!
So, now you have the gist of how the Dyson Airblade™ works, let’s take a closer look at the features that make this possible.
The anatomy of a Dyson Airblade™
Here are the key features that make the Airblade™ super-powerful and efficient:
- Rapid and hygienic drying: The Airblade™ scrapes water from hands using a high-velocity sheet of air.
- Digital motor: The motor uses digital pulse technology to draw in 35 litres of surrounding air per second, through a HEPA filter.
- HEPA filter: The filter removes 99.9% of bacteria before the air is used to dry hands. Hands are dried using clean rather than dirty air!
- Airblade™ technology: Air is forced through two apertures the width of a human eyelash. This results in two sheets of 400mph air that scrape water from hands in less than 10 seconds!
- Touch-free operation: Infra-red sensor control enables touch-free drying and minimal energy consumption.
- Anti-microbial coating: The anti-microbial coating on the dryer’s surfaces kills 99.9% of bacteria.
- Tough and durable casing: The Airblade™ design is robust and durable, protecting against wear and tear, damage, and vandals.
The benefits of a Dyson Airblade™
The Dyson Airblade™ is not just a high-tech piece of equipment, it offers a host of other benefits. These include:
The Airblade™ reduces the transfer of bacteria by 40% when compared to traditional warm-air dryers. Its medical-grade HEPA filter, anti-microbial coating, and touch-free operation (as described above) further boost its hygiene credentials.
2) Energy efficiency and running costs
Energy-efficient appliances are smart choices for schools! The Dyson Airblade™ can be up to 86% less expensive to run than traditional warm air dryers. It’s also a whopping 99% less expensive a year than paper towels! The Airblade™ is a sound choice from an environmental point of view too, with up to 85% fewer CO2 emissions than paper towels.
3) Flexible leasing agreements
At Utility Rentals, we offer a range of Airblade™ dryers via our flexible rental agreements – to make upgrading your hand dryers stress-free and straightforward. Our rental agreements are designed specifically for schools and include installation by certified electricians. They also include a 5-year parts and labour warranty and fused spur installation (should you need fused electrical points).
If your school wants to upgrade its school hand dryers, get in touch today!
In this article, we round up the top reasons why Dyson Airblades should be top of your school’s list for Santa and explain our flexible rental agreements.